New York City based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for an Operations Intern to develop additional process and technology efficiencies to help improve the scalability of a growing business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing firm and learn about Private Equity / Hedge Funds. The role has high visibility and will work on projects for the firm’s largest and highest profile clients.
Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Work with Technology, Accounting and Investor Relations teams
- Learn complex private equity structures
- Develop business analyst skills for client focused projects
- Learn to use a reporting tool (CLICK) for reporting and creating dashboards
- Use portals and a Client Relationship Management System (CRM)
This role has the potential for a significant future career progression in the firm. The candidate should be able to interact and communicate with senior executives.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Work closely with business teams to understand and document business logic and calculation methodologies
- Develop and enhance complex Excel models that can easily be updated and maintained by business users
About The Company:
- Must have an expert advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of Visual Basic (VBA) for Excel is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or related degrees is a plus
- Exposure to business courses
- Superior problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking, ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Technical knowledge and business acumen
- Analytical skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to learn on-the-job quickly, apply learning to recommend solutions to issues
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in processes and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Prior internship or work experience is a plus
Gen II Fund Services, LLC is the largest independent, U.S. based, private equity fund administrator, covering over $180B of private capital and reporting to over 9,000 LPs on behalf of our clients. Gen II offers private equity firms the best-in-class combination of people, process and technology, enabling GPs to most effectively manage their operational infrastructure, financial reporting and investor communications. The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, infrastructure, energy, credit, real estate, co-investment, hybrid funds, funds of funds, feeder funds, venture capital, and managed accounts.
- Administering over $180B in assets
- Servicing nearly every significant investor in the asset class
- Institutional grade infrastructure and SSAE 16 (SOC-1) certification, ensuring confidence in our processes and operating model
- The most experienced and best performing team in the industry
All applicants applying to Gen II Fund Services, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, CLICK HERE