NYC based firm is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant for our Quality Control and Accounting Group within Fund Accounting Administration.
Quality Control - Private Equity Funds Administration- Client Deliverables
- Perform high level analytical reviews of financial statements, footnote disclosures, investor capital drawdowns and distributions, investor capital statements, work-papers, calculations and other ad-hoc reporting prior to dissemination to Private Equity Fund Clients.
- Identify and raise accounting and reporting concerns determined during review process.
- Assist in monitoring the overall quality of client deliverables and advise accounting teams on improvements, industry standards, and best practices.
- Assist in research on technical accounting, industry updates, new accounting pronouncements and market trends
- Assist in annual SOC1 process and managing internal compliance with business policies and procedures
- Assist in overall development of Private Equity Accounting and Reporting training and developing of firms’ best practices.
- Identify opportunities to standardize processes, workflows, procedures, templates and tools to improve quality and consistency of deliverables
- Assist in the Coordination and Results review of any compliance services.
- Assist in Electronic Library maintenance updates and other admin related work for the department.
Skills & Experience
- Public/Private Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and/or 5+ years of relevant public or private accounting experience
- Strong understanding of Investment Company accounting specifically private equity, partnerships and management companies, including GAAP/financial reporting.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to review and analyze financial statements, footnotes, investor reporting, investor allocations, limited partnership agreements and other relevant financial documents/activity.
- Strong attention to detail (identifies inaccuracies)
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft suite
To apply, CLICK HERE