New York City based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for an Associate Director to manage Private Equity funds in our San Francisco office location.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Work closely with the Director/ Managing Director managing daily Fund Operations
- Manage the operations and accounting of an existing fund independently
- Ability to interface and manage a client/ business with limited guidance
- Familiar with LPA and other Governing documents. Able to extract key economics, compile, and document a thorough Summary with limited guidance
- Able to supervise staff if required by client and team
- Oversee and provide guidance on the initial set up of the Clients Funds deliverables (capital calls, distributions, financial statements, waterfalls, IRRs) and perform thorough, in-depth review and sign off prior to Director/Managing Director review
- Perform multiple levels of review/analyses of Financial Reports/Capital Events and Private Equity Complex Transactions (depends on client and team)
About The Company:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Public/Private CPA Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant Private Equity Fund/Investment Company Accounting & Reporting experience
- Ability to learn on-the-job quickly, apply learning to clients and recommend solutions to issues
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in processes and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Sound knowledge of Investment Company Accounting (ASC 946), Economics (Waterfalls and Allocations), Fund Structure (Corporate, Partnership, Tax Blockers, etc. within an Organization Chart) / Investor Classifications
- Sound knowledge of types of Reporting for Investment Funds / Investment Companies and Investors in US GAAP (ASC 946) and IFRS Ability to Prepare and review
- Sufficient knowledge and hands on experience with governing documents, such as LPAs, Mgmt. Advisory Agreements, Side Letters, Separate Fee agreements, etc.
- Hands on experience accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, Parallel, SPV, AIV, Co-Investment Vehicles) management companies, and other related vehicles
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior problem solving, judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Extensive Microsoft suite skills - Excel (pivots), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Gen II Fund Services, LLC is the largest independent, U.S. based, private equity fund administrator, covering over $175B of private capital and reporting to over 9,000 LPs on behalf of our clients. Gen II offers private equity firms the best-in-class combination of people, process and technology, enabling GPs to most effectively manage their operational infrastructure, financial reporting and investor communications. The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, infrastructure, energy, credit, real estate, co-investment, hybrid funds, funds of funds, feeder funds, venture capital, and managed accounts.
- Administering over $175B in assets
- Servicing nearly every significant investor in the asset class
- Institutional grade infrastructure and SSAE 16 (SOC-1) certification, ensuring confidence in our processes and operating model
- The most experienced and best performing team in the industry
To apply, CLICK HERE