NYC based firm is looking for an Associate Director for our Quality Control and Accounting Group within Fund Accounting Administration.
Quality Control - Private Equity Funds Administration- Client Deliverables
- Work closely with the Director of Quality Control Department (“QC Director”) and assist in managing the daily department operations.
- Plan and manage the daily workflow for the QC team, including assessment of complexity of underlying work.
- Communicate progress, issues and status to the Client Service Teams and work closely with stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure review deadlines are met. Address escalated issues as needed.
- Support and coach QC team members during the first level review of deliverables.
- Conduct reviews for higher risk and/or more complex deliverables.
- Assist the QC director with the reviews of key fund economics and organization structure for new clients as outlined in the Limited Partnership Agreements, Management Company Agreements, Organizational Charts, Side Letters Agreements and other related governing documents
- Identify and proactively raise accounting and reporting concerns determined during review process with the QC Director and Client Service Teams for discussion.
- Propose resolutions and provide accounting guidance, best practices and examples to Client Service Teams in preparation of meeting with our Private Equity Fund Clients, Clients Auditors and Legal Team.
- Maintain the QC client control database for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct research of technical accounting and industry updates, new accounting pronouncements and market trends.
- Contribute to the preparation and issuance of a firm wide bulletin with the latest accounting and regulatory updates on a quarterly basis.
- Other Project/Administration related work for the Quality Control Department as needed.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Public/Private CPA Preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant Private Equity Fund/Investment Company Accounting & Reporting experience.
- Ability to learn on-the-job quickly and apply the experience to resolve problems.
- Ability to adapt to changes in processes and procedures in a rapidly changing environment.
- Sound knowledge of Investment Company Accounting (ASC 946), Economics (Waterfalls and Allocations), Fund Structure (Corporate, Partnership, Tax Blockers, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of types of Reporting for Investment Funds / Investment Companies and Investors in US GAAP (ASC 946) and IFRS Ability to Prepare and review.
- Sufficient knowledge and hands on experience with governing documents, such as LPAs, Mgmt. Advisory Agreements, Side Letters, Separate Fee agreements, etc.
- Hands on experience in accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, Parallel, SPV, AIV, Co-Investment Vehicles) management companies, and other related vehicles.
- Perform multiple levels of review/analyses of Financial Reports/Capital Events and Private Equity Complex Transactions.(If applicable).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail (identifies inaccuracies); ability to problem solve.
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong with Microsoft suite (Excel, Work, Power-point, Outlook, and Others).
About The Company:
Gen II Fund Services, LLC ("Gen II") is an independent specialist provider of highly customized accounting and administrative solutions to private equity industry sponsors and investors worldwide. Gen II offers the best in class combination of people, process and technology, enabling GPs to most effectively manage their operational infrastructure, financial reporting and investor communications. We differentiate ourselves through the experience and expertise of our professionals, founder access, and the highest level of client satisfaction.
Gen II’s founders, Norman Leben, Steven Millner, and Steven Alecia pioneered the private equity administration business. Founders of DML and BISYS Private Equity Services, they are widely known and respected experts within the industry and credited with the advent of many of today’s industry “best practices”.
Gen II was recognized as the best performing firm in the industry by Global Custodian Magazine in their annual survey of Private Equity Fund Administrators.
- Administering over $100B in assets
- Servicing nearly every significant investor in the asset class
- Institutional grade infrastructure and SSAE 16 (SOC-1) certification, ensuring confidence in our processes and operating model
- The most experienced and best performing team in the industry
To apply CLICK HERE